Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Treo's latest adventures...

So today I only removed the battery twice, which means Treo had a "light day". Maybe I should wrap it in a maxi-pad.

Yesterday I dropped it on the way out of the office and it hit the ground pretty hard. Of course, since every Treo 650 already comes pre-broken out of the PalmOne box, this drop had no effect on its already sub-par performance.

My favorite long term problem I've had since 2 months ago: no more RealPlayer. When you select it, the player appears on the screen but is empty and freezes the Treo completely, leaving me to remove the battery, as nothing else works to get it back online. Now we all know that out of all the media players, RealPlayer is not only the most likely to crash or screw up, but it's also the one which uses the most resources and comes with the most spyware embedded in it. (If you must have a Real product on your system, look up RealPlayer Enterprise. It's RealPlayer, but without all the extra consumer crap and spyware garbage which consipates most computers.)

So today's rundown:
-static on at least two calls - one of which I had to hang up and call back
-bluetooth connection issues - didn't want to stay connected about 4-5 different times during the day
-white screen (Treo's favorite stalling manoeuvre) reared its head 3 or 4 times at least
-a total of 4 dropped dials - calls where I selected the number, it showed on the screen as "dialing", but then just dropped before they even started ringing

Well, that's it for today! More soon - that's for sure!
(Note the name of this blog - Another "work" day with Treo. The word "work" is in quotations because I was the one doing most of the work. NOT the freakin Treo.)

No comments: