Saturday, February 3, 2007

18 months later - I still hate my Treo 650...

Hello! And welcome to my Blog.
This blog is to serve as a place for me to vent and record just a fraction of the ridiculour problems I continuously suffer as a Cingular customer, trapped in a contract, using a PalmOne Treo 650 - arguably the crappiest, most overpriced and over-rated piece of technology to have been mass-produced since the Sony Ericsson T68i. Actually, for the amount of promises not delivered, this phone beats that one hands-down.

If you have a crappy Treo 650 which has more issues than 3 seasons of Jerry Springer, feel free to comment on my blogs here.

And if you have solutions to some of the problems I have here, I kindly ask you not to waste your time sharing them with me. It's not that I wouldn't appreciate them. It's just that I am no longer willing to soak time into trying to get this phone to work properly. Cingular has been abysmally disappointing in their feeble attempts at assisting me. My last visit to the Cingular store (which I pray to GOD will be my last ever) ended with them basically telling me that I'm screwed and that I was stuck with a phone which wouldn't fully function, despite my being trapped in their crappy contract.

So I feel, after 2.8 miles worth of account notes, I am entitled to vent just a little.

BEGIN TROUBLE LOG:

3. February 2007 - Treo synchronized successfully, but reset after completion. Reset again after I tried to delete a program which seemed to cause some problems.
Treo has decided to completely wipe out hundreds of messages previously downloaded on the VersaMail e-mail client. Not sure if I'll ever recover, since a sync didn't seem to bring any of them back.

A few days ago, VersaMail messages simply disappeared from my device completely. I will attempt to log a few of the more recent problems I've had with Treo. I'd like to give it a name - maybe Damian. It needs to be really negative, though. I've called it MANY, MANY names. But if you have a suggestion, please e-mail it to me, or post to the comments!

MUCH more to come, I'm sure....

No comments: