Sunday, June 24, 2007

The countdown begins....

The Twelve Days of Emancipation

I feel like I should write a poem. But then I stop and realize that I've spent far too much time already on all of this - from the exchanges to the data recovery to the daily resets to the lost messages to the blog to the website name to the plotting of my phone's death. So I'm not going to take the time to write a poem to the tune of "Twelve Days of Christmas". Because it's gonna feel like Christmas in just 12 short days when I can finally leave "the New AT&T" and their craptacular service.

So many people have said, "Wow, I'm so surprised you've had so many problems. My Cingular service has been great!" - usually followed by a giggle or a satisfied laugh which makes me want to shove my Treo 650 down their throat. Well, that's nice. Good for you. Bring your phone to my house and stay here for a few days, and then see if you still love "the New AT&T". There is absolutely nothing new about them. Same crappy customer care with HOURS (come on, people, it's 2007 - 24hour customer care is here to stay), closed after 9pm and all day on Sundays, and the same "sign a 2 year agreement but we'll only give you a one year warranty" scam that many other carriers use. So what is NEW about them? Just the logo, the name, and the rebuilding of the monstrous monopoly which the government will have to eventually break up again anyway. What a waste of OUR time and money.

OK, I feel better now. And in 12 days, this blog will have to take a new form somehow. I've toyed with a few ideas, but would love to hear yours if you have any. So drop me a line! And tell me what OTHER service you'd recommend and why. And please, no stories of satisfaction about AT&T/Cingular. It's way too late for that. :-)

No comments: